Homeschool.com, the #1 Homeschooling Community on the Internet, is in search of a SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER.
This is an opportunity to work with an industry leader, and to be part of a positive and growing movement that’s changing people’s lives for the better.
The Social Media Manager position is an independent contractor position. The chosen individual will work remotely, and will have great flexibility in setting his/her hours.
If possible, they would like to hire from within the homeschooling community.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
The Social Media Manager will implement Homeschool.com's Social Media Strategy, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging engagement. This role coordinates with the internal Marketing and Advertising teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
• Implement the social media strategy, encouraging engagement with Homeschool.com.
• Work with the Marketing & Advertising team on a content calendar so that each month has a theme and that all messages are consistent.
• Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
• Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
• Become an advocate of the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
• Manage a Blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about homeschooling.
• Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
• Regularly give feedback to the Marketing and Editorial teams regarding insights gained from social media monitoring, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion.
• Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
• Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the homeschooling field.
• Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
• Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary.
• Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
• Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Rebecca@Homeschool.com. Reference “Social Media Manager” in the email subject line.